OSH working parties aim to foster science and to spread knowledge in basic, translational and clinical research in hematology in Oman. In addition, the groups will be responsible for formulating national guidelines, establishing disease specific databases and planning, initiating, monitoring and reporting research activities.
In order to cover the full hematology field, OSH working groups are structured according to a model with disease oriented topics e.g. leukemias, lymphomas, etc.; treatment modality topics e.g. stem cell transplantation as well as laboratory related topics.
OSH Working groups (and subgroups)
- 1. Leukemia/Allotransplant:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- 2. Lymphoma/Myeloma/Auto transplant
- Hodgkin Lymphoma<
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Plasma cell disorders
- 3. Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Ph-ve MPNs
- 4. Hemoglobinopathies and other red cell disorders
- Sickle cell disease
- Other red cell disorders
- 5. hrombosis/hemostasis
- Platelet disorders
- 6. Pediatric Hematology
- 7. Transfusion Medicine
- 8. Hematopathology and Clinical Laboratory
- General Hematology Laboratory
- Molecular Hematology
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish unified national management guidelines
- Create and disseminate patient educational material
- Establish national data-bases
- Plan, execute and report research projects
- Organize meeting, symposia, workshops, courses and conferences related to the subspecialty of working group.
- Liaise with regional and international working groups (through OSH).
Authorship in publications related to a group / subspecialty will not be limited to the members of that group. Authorship will depend on contribution to the research / study (contribution to the design, patient enrollment, and conduct of the research as well as contribution to the writing and reviewing of the manuscript.
- Term: 2 years (renewable)
- Each group has one Chairperson + at least five members
- Each member can be a chair of ONLY one and a member of MAXIMUM of two groups (including being a chair of one).
- Chairs and members have to be active members of OSH.
- Each working group can have some subcommittees as seen appropriate by the members.
- Chairs of each subgroup report to directly to OSH.